Piña Colada Chia Pudding layers Greek yogurt chia pudding with frozen pineapple puree topped off with toasted coconut for a tropical start to your day!
I’m sure by now pretty much everyone has hopped on the chia seed bandwagon…I mean, they sell chia seeds at Trader Joe’s (no hate, that’s totally where I buy mine) so it’s pretty safe to say it’s fairly mainstream at this point, or at least riding the trendy superfood wave pretty steadily.
Ok, so everyone’s heard of them by this point, but what do we all do with them? Sprinkle them over salads? Add them to fruit smoothies? Muffins? Tell me!
Let me tell you what you do if you’re anything like me. You make chia pudding for breakfast.
Chia pudding is one of my serious jams right now. Let me just tell you the many reasons why it rocks my world:
-Um, you get to eat pudding for breakfast. So there’s that.
-It’s super healthy, satisfying, full of fiber, all that good stuff…
-The seeds form that really cool/weird membrane around them after they soak in liquid that reminds you of eating tapioca pudding when you were a kid (in like a nostalgic way, not so much in a way that makes you actually want to eat tapioca pudding again).
And probably one of my very favorite things about chia pudding is how it’s a blank slate and you can doctor it up any which way you’d like. At the moment I’m loving this piña colada chia pudding parfait concoction- the pudding is made with coconut milk and greek yogurt to give it a thick, creamy consistency, and is then layered with a simple pineapple smoothie and some shredded coconut for the tastiest tropical/summer treat.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. agave syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Whisk together Greek Yogurt, coconut milk, chia seeds, agave syrup and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl or container until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, add frozen pineapple and pineapple juice to a food processor or high speed blender and puree until a smoothie-like consistency is reached.
- To serve, divide chia pudding and pineapple mixture evenly in alternating layers. Top with shredded coconut.
Products I recommend for this recipe: