Enjoy a delicious Smores Latte with all the flavors of your favorite campfire treat- chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and gooey toasted marshmallows!
Folks, today we are going to dive into one of the most decadent and indulgent coffee drinks. OF ALL TIME. But not in like a sickeningly sweet kind of way. More like, take your favorite childhood treat and turn it into liquid, caffeinated gold! That’s what this Smores Latte is all about. I actually can’t stand coffee drinks that are too sweet. I order my flavored coffee drinks with only one pump of syrup/flavoring, on the rare occasion that I even order out for coffee.
These days I’m super content to make my coffee at home, especially since I got my hands on a Ninja Coffe Bar– this thing is really ramping up my home coffee making game! I’m a big fan of Ninja- we use their blender on an almost daily basis to make healthy breakfast smoothies, and now that we own the Coffee Bar we’re using that almost every day too!
What I like about it most is that it has this fancy brewing technique called Thermal Flavor Extraction™ technology, which basically allows you to adjust the richness level of your coffee (it has settings for Classic Brew, Rich Brew, Over Ice Brew and Specialty Brew) depending on the size and style of your beverage- which means you can brew a richer coffee to adjust for sweetness levels- so no more too-sweet coffee drinks! Another setting I love is the Over Ice Brew that you use when making iced coffee so that it doesn’t become watered down when your ice melts- ummmm, GENIUS!
These settings allow us to really customize our coffees, so we’ve been playing around with lots of recipes and I feel like I’m a totes profesh barista now, you guys. There’s a recipe book included with literally tons of coffee drink recipes, but lately my favorite has been this Smores Latte that I came up with because, hello? Who doesn’t want their coffee spiked with chocolate and topped with graham cracker crumbs and toasted marshmallows?
This recipe uses my all-natural chocolate syrup to flavor the coffee and to rim the mug, but any chocolate syrup will do to turn plain old coffee into a rich, tasty mocha. Then all that’s left to do is froth up some hot milk in the handy dandy frothing jar that comes with the Ninja Coffee Bar (or steam your own however you’d like), and then go crazy with the campfire treat toppings!
- 1 tablespoon homemade chocolate syrup, plus more for coating the mug (see my recipe for All Natural Chocolate Syrup )
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon marshmallows
- Dip the rim of the mug into the chocolate syrup followed by the graham cracker crumbs. Add one tablespoon of chocolate syrup to the mug and brew one cup of coffee on the rich brew setting into the mug. Gently stir to combine.
- While the coffee is brewing, heat the milk in the frothing jar without the lid for 30-45 seconds in a microwave. Remove from microwave and cover jar with lid. Pump the lid for about 15-20 seconds to aerate and create a foamy texture.
- Spoon the milk and foam into the coffee. Top with marshmallows and toast them lightly with a culinary torch.
Ninja sent me a Coffee Bar for promotional consideration. All opinions are my own and I only recommend products I love and use myself!