This dairy free, grain free Strawberry Vanilla Tart made with a rhubarb compote is a wonderful option for brunch or a light dessert. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #CollectiveBias #DairyFreeGoodness.
It’s been a little while since my last post. So what have I been up to? Well, I was in in Todos Santos, Mexico (aka Pueblo Magico) for a little bit enjoying some much needed (and much too short) relaxation time with the bestie. Then it was straight into an intense private chef job that required all of my attention last week, followed by sister time at a music festival and then a visit from some family friends whose daughter was visiting some colleges in the area. This week my mother in law is in town and then we’re gearing up for our honeymoon in Costa Rica in less than two weeks!! The household has been positively bustling, and although I have missed posting as regularly as I usually do to this space, I have to admit that a little break from all the recipe testing, shooting, editing, writing and INTENSE social media-ing was EXACTLY what I needed. This whole food blogging thing, it can be a lot, especially when balancing running a business. Sometimes I forget that there’s this whole other thing called life that happens outside of my work. Anyone else feel me on that?
That’s why I think that taking a break periodically and just livin’ yo life is so so valuable. Now that I’m all refreshed and ready to get back to this space, I’m super excited to share this Strawberry Vanilla Tart with you. It’s made with a grain free, dairy free crust made of coconut flour and almond flour with a little maple syrup and coconut oil.The filling is dairy free, too. I made it with Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative in strawberry and vanilla flavors. That’s it! I just swirled them together to make a pretty pattern. I’m partnering with Silk to bring you this recipe today and I’m pretty happy about it, because as many of you know, I tend to limit my dairy consumption as much as possible in my home cooking. So I love finding delicious dairy free alternatives to use in my recipes. Silk has so many dairy free options that I use regularly in my recipes, from almond milk to cashew milk to their Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative, which offers 6 grams of plant-based protein and is a great source of both calcium and Vitamin D.
It’s a delightful choice to fill this pretty tart, which I accented with a quick, easy-as-pie rhubarb compote, fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
This Strawberry Vanilla Tart would fit right in at Easter brunch (or any brunch for that matter), but I also happen to think it would make a lovely lightened up dessert. Just make sure to set it in the freezer for about an hour before slicing into it so it doesn’t turn into a sloppy mess, because that would be such a shame.
- For the Crust:
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup solid coconut oil
- For the Compote:
- 3 cups rhubarb, chopped
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- For the Tart:
- 16 ounces Vanilla Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative
- 8 ounces Strawberry Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative
- Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the coconut flour, almond flour and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the maple syrup and stir with a spatula until the mixture becomes crumbly. Add the coconut oil to the mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Spread the dough into a into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing the dough across the tart pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is lightly golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- While tart shell is baking, make the rhubarb compote. Combine rhubarb, orange juice and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer gently for about five minutes until rhubarb begins to soften. Uncover and continue to cook for another five minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Pour Vanilla Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative into cooled tart shell and spread to the edges. Top with Strawberry Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative and spread to the edges. Use a toothpick or knife tip to create a swirl pattern. Place tart in freezer for at least 1 hour to set.
- Just before serving, garnish tart with rhubarb compote, fresh strawberries and mint leaves as desired.
Look for Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative at your local Walmart, and if you make this tart let me know by posting a picture of it on Instagram with the hashtag #LePetitEats!